OUR Philosophy and Approach to Dining
A Unique Approach to Dining
We understand the desire for favorite foods and the physiological need for nutrition and hydration. It’s an important part of our social being and daily life. We have designed a philosophy and approach to dining that is able to adjust throughout the day to meet the differing needs of each resident.
Dementia and its associated conditions can create a unique set of challenges to a successful daily dining experience. Not all foods are tolerated and tastes change. Perhaps, being able to sit for three complete meals is no longer a realistic expectation. We understand the need to be flexible.
How do we achieve this dining experience?
- We understand that the interests, abilities, and needs of each resident are constantly changing and our dining techniques must realistically address these changes.
- We provide three daily nutritious sit down meals along with creative handheld foods that can be enjoyed in addition to or in place of, our daily meals. This allows each resident to maintain a healthy diet, while eating on their own schedule.
- A calm dining atmosphere that promotes concentration.
- Adaptive utensils to assist with dexterity issues.
- A commitment to serve and present many needed diet modifications with dignity.